Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wednesday a.m. Update from Beth

Hi all,
Susan was at the hospital this morning and said Mom continues to improve. She is walking without help but with a walker to the bathroom. Unfortunately she got a roommate at 11:30 last night and because of all the interruptions didn't sleep that well. Barb, Dr. Weldner's assistant came while Susan was there and said that if Mom continues to improve at the rate she's going without any downward spirals she may be able to skip rehab and go home as early as this weekend as long as there is someone there with her for at least 2 weeks - maybe longer. So, when I go this afternoon, I will talk with Barb and find out some details about her strength, limitations, changes in meds, home health, blood tests, follow-up visits and many other things. She is thrilled at maybe not going to rehab but I want to make sure she is strong enough to be home even with another person there. It seems early, but we all know how strong and determined Mom is. I'll write again but maybe not until tonight. Beth xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment