Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sat. 4 p.m. update from Beth

Mom has had a good day. Martha, Susan and I had a great conversation with her while she had her lunch. She had jello with whipped cream and coffee. She didn't care to have the veggies or beef stew (I don't blame her). She thought at that time that it was Friday - not Saturday and we had a good laugh recounting some of the conversations she had had earlier in the morning with regard to the mix-up. "No wonder they were all looking at me like I was crazy." She slept a good deal of the day and can now give herself pain meds - obviously controlled and dosed. She just pushes a button and a dose is delivered through her IV. She can only get it after so many hours. At lunch she said she was pain free. Her color is much better. She sat upright for part of the day and slept in a reclined position. Her back is bothering her a bit - probably from having to lie flat for most of the morning. She is coughing and getting whatever it is in her lungs out. Dr. Weldner visited her this morning but he didn't visit us. He told her things were looking real good. The nurses believe that Mom will be out of the ICU tomorrow. I'm not sure where her room will be. We (Auntie Jo, Martha, Susan, Jen, Nic, Tucker) all got to have quick visits with her today. SURPRISE, SURPRISE - Pamela Cole and friend Norma stopped by and visited with us and with Mom this afternoon. They were attending a Quaker gathering in Portland and were headed back to Dartmouth, MA tonight. It was great to see them. It's now 4:00 and Jen and the boys are headed to Damariscotta and Susan, Martha and Auntie Jo are off to get Chinese!! I won't be sending any more news tonight - I will post more news mid morning tomorrow.Beth xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment